Saturday, October 9, 2010

Round two.....

of Chemo went down without much ado. The nurses did not struggle this time in finding a good vein, and the 3 - 4 hour infusion went well as my friend JoAnne and I enjoyed sweet fellowship. So this is the second of the three main infusions I am scheduled to have. After the third one at the end of October, the next nine will be minor ones with less side effects. This will bring us to the end of the year. My body must have know what was coming, because I have been able to cope better in the days that followed. The nausea and the tiredness are still severe, but this time there was no vomiting. I am grateful indeed.

Peter had a very fruitful time of ministry in Canada and in the US, and is winging his way home as we speak. This should be the last of traveling for the rest of the year. It will be great to have him home again for a lengthy period of time.

We are entering our Summer Season, and it seems that during this time of the year I always approach several projects around our home and Garden. Peter and I are working on creating more space for books and are busy turning our school room into a library and guest room. I enjoy these projects as it allows me to evaluate where we have been and where we are going. In our spiritual life as well, this type of self - evaluation is valuable and necessary.

We have had a difficult road this year in terms of health issues in our family. This has forced us to evaluate, take stock and set priorities for the road ahead. Ideally, tragedy should not be the onus that causes us to 'spring clean'. But sometimes God uses difficult times to get our attention.

We pray that we will stay alert to His calling and prompting daily, and that with wisdom we will heed His call.

....my son, if you receive My words and treasure up My commands with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom, inclining your heart to understanding; Yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord. Proverbs 2:1 - 5


Thank you for your many notes of encouragement, and for helping me through this difficult time.

With love,

Lenora and family

No comments:

Post a Comment