Saturday, October 23, 2010

The last of the 'big' infusions

.......takes place this coming Tuesday, the 26th of October. I am less afraid this time around, as my body will surely know what is coming. If the pattern continues, after a few days, I will be on the up again, and will be feeling as good as one can during Chemo! God has prepared me for each of these sessions, and I know that He will go before me again on Tuesday.

I have lost all of my hair, and have become quite adept at wrapping scarves and turbans around my head. I am grateful that our summer months are upon us, as being bald is quite chilly. I continue to boost my immunity as much as possible, without overloading my liver. The children too, have joined me by increasing their vitamin in put.

Calvin made the National Gymnastics Team. We are very proud of his achievements and hard work. Due to the incredible time commitment this was however, we have sadly had to give up this sport. He has now taken up Fencing again, and the coach says that his gymnastics background has aided greatly in terms of co-ordination. Calvin and Christopher both continue to be very involved in Scouts, and are adapting to our new home school curriculum. Christopher is very keen on trying out a 'regular school' now, and we look to God for guidance in this respect.

Daniela has done very well in Art this year, producing some great paintings. We look forward to having Andrea home for Christmas, although it will only be for three weeks. My sister Debbie is planning to join us as well, and will be a great help to me as I will be on my last leg of Chemo then.

We are grateful to you for your prayers and good wishes during this continued journey of Chemo. Thank you for upholding Peter during this time, as he holds the Fort and keeps everything together. He has been very involved in the Lausanne Conference, and was honored at the launch of the new 'Operation World Hand-Book' for his vast amount of contribution to this project.

I have my ups and downs, good days and bad days. On the good days I am grateful for good care, for God's sovereign provision and for His plan for all of us. On my bad days, I feel a tremendous sense of loss and bereavement. I wonder what the future holds and how much time the Lord will grant me with my family.

What a great blessing it is to know that all of our days are pre-ordained and that daily obedience to God is what gets us through the bends in our journey. No matter what road lies ahead, we can travel it knowing God has the outcome in His hands.

Thank you for your encouragement,

with love,

Lenora and family

1 comment:

  1. OK, Lenora,
    I'm up to speed now, and signed up as a Follower so should be able to do better about staying informed. I admire that you can even blog. I thought I'd do a lot while hanging around with my foot in the air, but I haven't had much creativity or drive in that area. I have been having fun with the kids. Paul's been hectic. His sister Grace is visiting, and Lizelle made him/them a FULL schedule in the schools in Mitchell's Plain.
    Your Peter linked us with a guy named Bay Forrester and it looks like he'll be coming in Feb. He's the same height as Paul so that should be interesting. We discovered other people we both know from Kenya as he used to teach at Rift Valley Academy.
    We had a runaway come to us this week, and then the police took her back yesterday. It was very wrenching, especially for Evangel, and we're still not sure what to do about that situation.
    God bless you with joy, peace, and victory!
    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete