Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Successfull Surgery

Hello again!

Surgery took place at 2pm on Tuesday, August 3rd. The three and a half hour procedure was successful, and the lymph nodes that were removed for testing have initial signs of being negative. It will take 10 days to 2 weeks for more conclusive histology. My 5 day stay in the hospital was as pleasant as these things can be, but it is good to be home again.

I still have drains attached, which I hope will be removed today. The Doctor has suggested that Chemo therapy will be warranted in my case, but I am feeling very hesitant about this advice. I feel that much more 'home-work' on my part is necessary. I know I can count on you for prayer in this regard.

Not often does one person experience being an organ donor as well as a mastectomy patient within the space of 8 months. I must say that I feel somewhat battered and bruised, weary and weepy! But God is good, and I am continually reminded of the many blessings I am surrounded with, despite this current situation.

I strive to respond well to this situation, as I know my children are watching. They are being given the opportunity to learn so many things just due to Mommy's medical situation alone! I must make the most of this.

So, this new Season for me will no doubt have its ups and downs. But I press on, in the knowledge of His Sovereign Love.

I thank my Lord for all of you......

Lenora

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Lenora,
    We are praying for you over here in Moscow, Idaho USA. We love you! Donna Foucachon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lenora, so thankful for your surgery and hope your post op is speedy. I heard Peter speak at Psalm 119 Conference and read his articles. So thankful he stands for TRUTH! We began homeschooling 2 years ago w/ Christian Liberty Academy. I noticed in one book that they give to your missions-awesome! God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for you. Wish there was some way of helping practically. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations we are prayin for you

    ReplyDelete