Saturday, August 21, 2010

Continued Care

Our bodies are truly amazing. The healing process is something wonderful to behold, and daily, I am reminded of the marvels of creation. It has been almost two months now since we were told I have breast cancer. Since then, we have been in a whirlwind of emotions, travel, decisions and contemplations. Cancer is a well researched field, and there is a plethora of information out there. Equally, there are as many opinions, some strongly in favor of Chemo Therapy, some strongly opposing it.

Peter and I have met twice with the Oncologist now, and we have been presented with the statistical odds of survival with and without Chemo Therapy. At my age, the conclusion is that my cancer can still be cured. My feeling is that I would be irresponsible if I did not avail myself of medical technology, and therefore I am submitting to the suggestions of our team of Doctors. My 18 week session of Chemo Therapy will begin in a month from now.

My plan for this coming month is to boost my immune system (and that of my family's) so that it will be ready for the onslaught of drugs. I trust in God's provision for me physically, and that I would withstand the worst of the side effects.

Again, I am so grateful to our supporters who commit to prayer and who encourage us along the way. Each of us is given a different cross to bear, and this one for me is something I never thought I would have to deal with. But it makes me rely on our Heavenly Father even more as He unfolds His plan for me.

Thank you, for your friendship and continued prayers.

With love,

Lenora

1 comment:

  1. niki & teresa pasrichaAugust 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM

    you are in our prayers.
    the one thing we can be certain of is God has a purpose for our lives and He makes no mistakes.
    He is the only constant in our lives, may you feel His peace during your hour of need

    ReplyDelete