Friday, July 2, 2010

Another medical journey

Dear persevering prayer partners!

It would seem my blog posts will only ever be about medical issues. I was thinking my topics could start to be a little varied from now on, but I need to again petition you for further intercession on our behalf.

I went for a routine mammogram this week, and was sent for a biopsy of a 3.5 cm lump two days later. The results have been positive, and it would seem I have Breast Cancer. It seems both sides are affected.

God's timing is always perfect, and I am grateful to Him for allowing me to donate a kidney to our son Christopher first. I would imagine they would never have used me as a donor if this tumor had been an issue years ago.

The Doctors are hopeful that surgery will eliminate the threat of it spreading, and that we will be able to avoid Chemo Therapy. We will only know on the day of surgery if it has spread.

Peter and I are leaving for ministry in Europe on Monday, and I was willing to cancel my trip if necessary. The Doctor feels this trip will be good for us, as we process this new chapter in our lives.

Surgery will most likely happen immediately upon our return to South Africa. We will keep you posted.

Thank you, again, for your dedication to our Lord and Saviour, and for once again upholding us in prayer.

Blessings,

Lenora

4 comments:

  1. Bless you Lenora! Great timing indeed; May the Lord strengthen your resolve even more as you are on your upcomming trip. Praying for you, Linda Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Lenora. You are so much in my prayers. May the Lord be with you and bless you through your Europe trip. Keep us posted.
    Love & hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenora,
    I'm praying for you and anxious to hear your latest news. Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenora,
    I'm praying for you my friend. Contending for divine intervention in your current situation.love you lots,
    heather

    ReplyDelete