Friday, February 4, 2011

A New Chapter

Dear Friends!

As the year 2011 gains momentum, I am in need of updating you on what I hope will be the last chapter in my cancer story. My last chemo treatment was at the end of January, and at that appointment we were relieved to hear that no radiation would be necessary in my case. We discussed terms like 'cancer survivor', 'in remission' and being 'cancer free'! All of these terms apply to me.

After my surgery in August,I was cancer free in a very real sense. All the chemo treatments have been prophylactic in that it served to locate any rogue cells that may be in my body and kill them. This, we trust has happened. I am given a few weeks break now, and then will need to start on hormone therapy for the next five years.

One of the first things I did after my last chemo infusion on Monday, was join the 'Cancer Survivors Dragonboat Racing Team'. They are called the 'amabele Belles' and I will be taking part in my first Regatta this Saturday (tomorrow). It is very exhilarating to sit in a Boat with other Cancer Survivors in arguably one of the most beautiful Harbours in the World. Our back drop is Table Mountain with its never ceasing 'Table Cloth' pouring over the top of it. We paddle amongst the Seals, and our coach takes no prisoners. My first rowing experience left my whole body aching for days. I enjoy staying in shape, and am so grateful to be a part of this experience.

So the year 2011 brings for me a fresh hope and comfort. I know God is Sovereign and in control. He knows the days I am to serve Him on this earth, and I trust Him fully for my 100% recovery.

I pray; your 2011 will be equally filled with hope in our Lord and Saviour for your future and for your part in His over-all plan.

With love and gratitude to all of you for your prayers and friendship,


Lenora

3 comments:

  1. good luck with your regatta tomorrow, and this new chapter in your life as a cancer survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an answer to prayer. God is good. Will be thinking of you and cheering you and your dragon boat (whatever that is)on tomorrow at the top of my voice. I am sure you will hear me all the way from Salzburg. The hills will be alive with the sound of cheering....
    Hang in there sis!
    Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. May 2011 be a particularly special and healthy one!
    My verse for you:
    In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for thou alone, O Lord, makest me dwell in safety.
    Psalm 4:8

    ReplyDelete