Friday, October 23, 2009

Renal Function up-date


Christopher and I had another Renal Clinic appointment today, and as usual, the wait was long and noisy. After about one and a half hours, we were seen by the two main Doctors. They were happy with Christopher's blood pressure and weight gain. But by the time we received the blood test results in the afternoon, the Doctor's words were ' I am worried'.

No parent wants to hear that kind of comment! I was in the middle of Claremont when I received the call on my cellphone. I was dodging African Taxis, who were noisily soliciting possible passengers, as well as peak traffic, while trying to listen attentively to the Doctor relating to me symptoms I was to watch out for. She said if he has as much as a head ache, we need to call them. We are to watch out for cramping, vomiting and any other abnormal symptoms.

Christopher's Doctor is trying to get our Renal transplant date moved forward to November! She is not sure the Hospital will have a space available, but she will do her best. The other alternative for him will be to go on dialysis treatment.

Thank you for joining us in prayer, that God would reveal to us His perfect schedule and timing and that we would accept this all as His sovereign will.

May God bless you all for your intercession on behalf of our family.


With love and gratefulness,

Lenora

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Ruth mangelwadi just forwarded your letter to me. Our daughter Rachel went through end stage renal failure in april 2007[age 17]. My older daughtet[19] gave her kidney to her in july 2007. Yes it is quite an ordeal yet our Lord does keep His promise of ...'never leave us or forsake us'... Rachel has had few ups and dowm but she is doing well at moody bible institute as a junior. Lord is very gracious to us and i thank him for as many days he gives us with our children. I will join you all in prayers for chirstopher and you.. as you get ready for the big day and the blessing there after of good health forboth of you.
    love anjana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read the good report Lenora
    I pray that Christopher will have a long and healthy life

    Pray that your pain would go away
    I look forward to meeting you all one day ...

    Praying
    Ruth Mangalwadi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there family! I now can get into your blog.
    Am praying for a good result tomoro, Lenora, I hope u are feeing stronger with not much pain.
    Draw on the strenth of our Lord to get u all through this trying time. Wish I was back there to help. If there is ever a time that u need me again, do not hesitate to let me know.Much love to u all, when is Andrea going back? I hope she had a wonderfull Christmas with her family and friends, I was thinking of u all. Your sister Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hammond Family! We continue to pray for Christopher's healing and for your family's protection and blessings upon your ministry. Love you lots,
    The Rice Family

    ReplyDelete